Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Swaying With the Wind




In going against the furious wind, many lives were endangered.

I disagree with Moses' decision of giving up his crown as a royal prince of Egypt. I am not against the Israelite. I just want Moses not to give up his royalty. I just want him not to sacrifice. If I were Moses, I would use my power as a prince of Egypt to liberate the Israelite from oppression and exploitation. Just like today, many people had come out in the open to expose the graft and corruption in the government and their security were compromised. They no longer can perform their daily work for income source for they have to hide because the government or the powerful persons they exposed were already threatening them or even tried to kill them.

Governor Ed Panlilio, a former priest and a governor of Isabela, Philippines, were invited by President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo to have a meeting in Malacanang Palace with her together with the other Philippine governors. In the actual meeting, each of them received a gift. When he opened the gift, he discovered that inside it was a bundle of 500,000 Pesos. He decided to expose this to the public through the media. For me, exposing that cash gift given to Governor Panlilio and the other governors, was useless. Indeed, what he exposed had helped the people to become vigilant.

Yeah, he had done the right thing, but what if the 500,000 he returned after exposing it will be used again in bribery. That would be awful. If I were Governor Panlilio, I would just go with the flow and keep the 500,000 money. Keeping the money doesn’t make you one of them. You have still options to choose from, either you’ll keep it in your personal savings, so, that would look like you join them or use it to help people who actually have not benefited from the tax that they have been paying.

If you cannot fight the forces of evil, just join them and make good out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment